Monday, July 21, 2014

Feedback Request: Notes and Playtest

We're trying to finish up the last few things with this app in the next week or two here. Bascially, it does a lot, there's a few things it can't do, and maybe some things it won't easily do. So to some extent, the rules are going to be subservient to the app. A couple things might be honor-system or me tallying stuff by hand, but the app will do most of it. I might also just remove a character option or two to avoid a potential issue with one of the things that simply won't work with the rules, dunno yet. Blood Sorcery isn't going to work like I had hoped, for example, so I might need to change how the secondary paths and/or rituals work or just ditch character options who would have it (Assamite Sorcerers, Capadocians, etc.).

Anyway, All that said, I'm going to pressure John to make all the little, easy, small cosmetic changes possible. To that end, I'm hoping to run a quick app playtest. A simple scenario with 4-5 players, either as a one week thing (one turn per day) or one evening/afternoon where everyone does a turn an hour or so. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Also, I'm interested in what you used to track your actions and such. I know I kept notes in one document: I wrote up my turns and once we got the app I did a cut-paste job. That let me plan things ahead of time, and then I pasted all my responses (messages and action results) into the same document. But what did you use (if anything)?

No comments:

Post a Comment